What is the Young Leaders’ Group?
The Juno Young Leaders Group is a group of care-experienced young people from the Liverpool City Region who want to work with our team to make sure we are achieving the best for young people in our care. We have worked alongside young people in Wirral to consider what this group will do, need, and offer, in order to be beneficial for those involved and the wider organisation. They’ve told us that the experience for members of the group should be:
- Informal, with a warm, welcoming atmosphere and good food
- Facilitated by someone who has good leadership and communication skills and who ideally has care experience. They should support someone in the group to lead it in the long term and be warm, open and friendly
- Underpinned by really good training from the Juno team so that we all develop new skills and techniques that help us to do the job really well
- Promote new friendships and connections across Liverpool City Region
- Paid fairly: young people should be paid for their time, with sessional rates for meetings in line with the national living wage, plus travel costs reimbursed, food covered when we meet and fun days out funded by Juno
- Taken seriously and have real weighting in terms of decision-making: young people’s views and insights must have real impact, being clear about what they can and can’t affect
- Consistent, with adults in Juno regularly reporting back what they have done e.g. “from what you told us/saw/experienced, we did, we will do, we can’t do…”
Contact us today to apply
Please email your proposal to Sophie Clarke by Thursday 28th April 2022.
All proposals will be reviewed by Juno’s Project Group, and we’ll invite you to a session to get to know each other and discuss the plan in more detail if we feel it could be a great fit.
Final decisions will be made by the end of May 2022.
Thank you, we look forward to hearing from you.