We’re excited to be working on a new venture – a non-profit temporary recruitment agency working in the North West of England.
This new venture is part of a shared ambition with national policymakers to look at the big picture, and to take action to reduce Local Authority reliance on agency social workers. We want to build a balance in the workforce between temporary and permanent colleagues where both feel valued and invested in, changing the face of agency working and making sure that temporary workers feel part of the core Local Authority teams they’re working with.
If we can do this our Children’s Services teams will have the time, space and tools to form stronger relationships between professionals, and with this, better support for children, families and individuals in the future.
We’re delighted to announce the start of our search for a Director that will launch and oversee the day-to-day running of the business, build and develop a team, and form great relationships with local authorities.
The key things you need to know:
- This is an incredible opportunity to lead the start-up of a new social care recruitment agency which will transform the North West’s social care agency marketplace.
- This Director will be employed by Capacity, a Liverpool-based public service redesign agency that wants to ‘make public services, people services’ (find out more later in this pack). We’ve been commissioned by a core group of North West Local Authorities to set up a new, independent recruitment agency for Children’s Social Work in the region.
- Due to its nature as a joint project this venture is fully endorsed and supported by the people who want it, need it, and will purchase from it. Therefore, the buy-in and commitment are already there, this role is about making the idea a reality.
- The Director will be part of the wider Capacity team, you’ll be supported and backed to start this new venture by our team of public sector and business planning experts. We’ll be relying on you to bring the recruitment expertise, but the team around you will offer help and reassurance to get the new agency moving.
- The terms: This is a full-time, permanent position, based in Liverpool (with hybrid home working).
- Remuneration: £60k per annum with a bonus structure for delivering key milestones in the initial years (to be negotiated).
- Application deadline: 9th July, 5pm